All you have to do is leave a comment and you're entered in to win a hard copy of "Let's Learn about Korea on Tuesdays." I know some of you have already bought your own copy, so you if you already have a copy, you could give a second one to a family member or friend. Since I love a pun, if you leave any 'punny' comment ...you'll get 2 entries. Gabe and I will pull a name on Saturday, December 19th. Good Luck!
26 comments:
Yay - count me in. I love your book with all my seoul. (is this a pun? - need more coffee...)
A hard copy would be fab! My son Jack keeps looking at the Pororo picture in our copy. lol
FUN giveaway!!! (And congrats on winning Sue's too!)
OK - I just heard this pun the other day and thought it was pretty funny. Who knew I was actually going to be able to use it in a productive way?!
Q: Who makes toy guitars and sings "Blue Christmas?"
A: Elfis!
I would love a copy of your book!
My dad always loved to torment us with a good pun. Here's one: "A boiled egg for breakfast is hard to beat." (I can't handle puns before my coffee though.)
And the joke that always made me laugh myself silly?
"Where does a King keep his armies?"
"In his sleevies!"
I would be Seoul excited to get this book for my birthday which is next week! (I just saw that someone used this pun already; does mine still count?)
Here's another then:
"Did you know Tiger Woods is changing his name?"
"To what?"
"Cheetah!!"
It's too early to think of a pun, but throw my name in the hat, please!
I am dying for a copy and have yet to order it!!!
But it is "grounds" for torture that you ask me to give you a pun before I've had my coffee....how's that?
I would love this book. Count me in!!
i would love to win a copy!!
-ElizabethH
I have wanted to try and get something like this together for us to have so we can "learn a little more about Korea" before our daughter comes home. Since I've been too crazy to get something together myself, I'd LOVE to win this one and then I would have all the great information, but not have to do any of the work! As for a joke: What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Frosted flakes!! Or... Why is Ruldoph always wet? He's a RAINdeer!
I too would love a copy to read with my kids... but not enough to make my overtired-Christmas-minded brain come up with a pun for a second entry.
I definitely want to be entered, but I'm way too stressed today to think of a pun. I'll come back if my brain re-enters my skull...
Please enter me! It would be so much pun to give this to my mom as a Christmas gift! (does that count)?
If not, here you go!
How do you make antifreeze? Steal her blanket.
Thanks!
Jen
Yes, please!
Ok, forgive me but here you go:
The accountant enjoyed the job, figuratively speaking.
Fantastic giveaway! And to up my chances of winning I'll embarrass myself with my favorite pun from art class: If it ain't Baroque, why fix it?
Fun!
Two fish swim in to a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says "Dam".
definitely put us in the giveaway! I have been meaning to buy the book - but keep getting distracted - go figure!
oh, i'm in.
now, which pun is the most fun??
i could go with professional humor and tell about the time i arrested the energizer bunny, and charged him with battery...
ok, not a very good one, i know. but i had a long run this evening, my running shoes are terribly worn out, and i'm suffering the agony of defeat.
(was that any better??)
YAY- Peer pressure is GREAT for give-aways.
I have a copy of your book, but would love to win one for my parents.
I'm too sleepy this morning to make up my OWN pun, but this is one I enjoyed finding: I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
Tee-hee!
Ordering this book has been on my to-do list for about......forever. Since *Si* has been home, I can't get anything done. *Sigh*. (That's as close to a pun as I can think of right now!)
We'd love a copy!
Hi, Joanna - I just received a lovely holiday card from you (through the exchange Sue set up) and realized that I don't think we've ever "met"! So here I am, checking out your blog. Gabe is absolutely adorable. I'm a bit of an outsider in this group as we are adopting from Ethiopia, but I'm having so much fun observing all these cute little Koreans. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to following your blog!
me, me , me!!!
Ohhh... I'd love to win! I really enjoyed reading your posts about learning about Korea!
I'm too tired to think of a pun. I'm afraid anything I come up with would not be very "pun-ny"
Does a slightly clean dirty joke work? Why do squirrels swim on their backs? They don't want to get their nuts wet! Ha!
Oh! I have been meaning to order one, so I'll give this a try...although I usually don't win anything:).
I have been laughing at all of these comments. They are so funny, and I too love a good pun. I use them with my students all the time (but it usually goes right over their heads). Here's one of my faves:
Writing with stubby pencil is pointless...
Hey what a great book to have! I need one... Christmas is coming up and you know..
Christmas dinner is a great place to talk Turkey! And about Korea...
i'm a little behind, and that's not meant a a pun that i actually have a little behind ;), but does it count?
i would love this book! but you know people will really be suspicious if you draw my name!
ps. i may have posted this already, i'm not sure!
Post a Comment